The Rijksmuseum welcomes international, independent research proposals which open new perspectives on the Rijksmuseum’s collection, its history and activities. The purpose of the Fellowship Programme is to encourage and support scholarly investigation, and to contribute to academic discourses while strengthening bonds between the museum and universities. The programme enables highly talented candidates to base part of their research at the Rijksmuseum, and offers access to the museum’s expertise, collections, library and laboratories. Furthermore, it facilitates opportunities for Fellows to engage in workshops and excursions to encourage exchange of knowledge – both amongst themselves and the broader museum audience.
We are currently accepting applications until 19 January 2020 for the following Fellowships:
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship for research in art and cultural history
- Terra Foundation Fellowship for research in American photography
- Dr. Anton C. R. Dreesmann Fellowship for art historical research
- Johan Huizinga Fellowship for historical research
- Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship for conservation and scientific research
For questions concerning the application procedure, please contact the Coordinator of Academic Programmes (email@example.com).