Dear members of the Huizinga Institute,
After a few years of mainly seeing each other’s faces on our screens, we would very much like to meet you in person again. You are therefore warmly invited to the institute’s festive Year Opening, which will take place in Utrecht on Friday 23 September, 15:00 – 16:30, followed by drinks. The event will be both an opportunity to be impressed by the widths and depths of the field of cultural history, as well as to raise a glass to the new year, and meet both old and new members of the institute.
The program of the afternoon will be as following:
- 15:00 – 15:10: word of welcome by Arnoud Visser, head of the institute
- 15:10 – 15:35: prof. dr. Inger Leemans, NoseWise. How can cultural historians learn to follow their noses (and why should they)?
- 15:35 – 16:00: prof. dr. Jan-Hein Furnée, Seasonal cycles of in- and exclusion: leisure culture in Amsterdam, 1815-1850
- 16:00 – 16:25: dr. Kristine Steenbergh, The History of Emotions in the Anthropocene
- 16:25 – 16:30: closing words by PhD/ReMa-council
- 16:30: drinks
Location: Academiegebouw UU (Domplein 29), Kanunnikenzaal.
You can register for this event by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
We hope to see many of you in Utrecht on the 23rd!
Alie – Anna – Eliza – Marie – Sanne – Sherilyn